Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Spring Sprung!

Most of my first trimester of pregnancy was a nauseated exhausted blur. But luckily for me the second trimester was much better. My friend Sarah said second trimester was God's gift to women. She may be right. I felt better and could eat real food again and I had energy again. Yay! Which was good because I had in-service and pre-service workshops out the wazooty. And Nate got to go to Japan for ten days for school so Dad and I went on a wild adventure to visit Sam in Louisiana. I love/cherish my trips with my parents- either solo or together. Sometimes I'm not sure Dad and I should fly together though- we have a history of missing planes. Lol I had a workshop in Tooele on Tuesday so I met dad that night at the hotel and we flew out the next morning to see Sam. Luckily Nate was flying out the same day we we ran to meet him at the airport and had a cute airport kiss moment before sprinting back to barely make our plane. Seriously. It almost happened again. Luckily our suitcases were empty because I was planning to bring back two suitcases full of Sam's baby stuff from Eden for Libby- which made them easy to run with. Seriously we both only had clean underwear and a toothbrush with us. We got to Dallas, rented a car, and boogied down to Sam's house. I was looking forward to the hot weather, but I brought the cold with me which totally ruined our bass fishing plans. Drat. Seriously we tried to fish but got skunked. It was so fun to see Sam and Kris and the kids. Sam fed us like kings- she even made King Cake for marti gras. We even frisbee golfed! Nate would be so proud. We were also on the hint for beignet doughnuts so we went to every doughnut shop in town but never found them. :( when we left it was sad to go. It was also sad to take the cheap flight which made us fly from Dallas to Detroit to SLC. Never again. We almost missed our connecting flight in Detroit and had to run a mile in the airport carrying a 20 lb backpack. Not fun for fatty who was five months pregnant at this point. And not fun for the guy who had to sit by fatty on the plane as. Smell her. Yeah pretty sure I forgot deodorant too. Whoops. Then when we got to SLC we had a minor incident at airport parking where I thought we parked in D but we really parked in B so we got off the bus with two giant suitcases and out backpacks and had to hoof it in the rain to our cars. Ah! But all in all it was a fabulous trip. One for the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment