Thursday, November 6, 2014

Oh boy! Er...girl?

When we found out I was pregnant I was convinced we were having a boy. Partially because I don't understand girls and I'm bad at girl stuff like hair and makeup, and partially because I always only wanted boys (for those reasons- sorry Libby) and partially because Nate dreamed it was a boy. So since we weren't telling anyone about the baby until well after my first trimester and we were convinced it was a boy we (I) decided to start calling him Sparticus so I could tell Nate stuff Spart related and not tip people off. It was our code word. Well February rolled around and we finally got to go find out what we were having for sure- side note, how the hell do people wait to find out? I can't even wait to open my Christmas presents. I do it early and I always have since I was a kid. Imagine my surprise when Sparticus turned out to be Spartica. Yep. Our boy was going to be a girl. I was not prepared for that news. I'm not good with girls. I don't understand makeup and hair... But I guess the best laid plans of mice and moms and whatnot.... We were shocked and excited and now we will never come up with a name. When the ultrasound tech was working it was funny because she was having a hard time getting what she needed because the baby wouldn't hold still. Our little girl was already so active and energetic the ultrasound tech would tap on my belly to get her to hold still. It was funny. And we were worried for the future of a very active little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment