Thursday, July 5, 2012

Tony's Grove

Did I ever tell you Nate was(is)a boy scout? No seriously he is a scout and he is always prepared. Which is one of the reasons I love him. I also love that he loves to camp. And even more than that I love that while I am gone for work he plans, shops for, and packs all our camping gear so that when I get home all I have to do is get in the car and he takes me camping. I do nothing. I don't even set up the tent. All I do is show up and try to look pretty(ish). He even remembers my book. Yes.(fist pump)
When we got married Nate's Aunt and Uncle bought us a dutch oven for our wedding (thanks Julie and Kevin). It was an excellent gift. Why am I just writing about it now? Well we are only just using it now because the first summer we were married Nate made this delicious chicken in it...and somehow the chicken didn't get cleaned out. For the next two years. I know. This is a serious party foul and it is shameful. Sorry. Finally this spring I got brave-and a steel wool scrubie, and I took to that sucker. Nate was convinced that we should just throw it out and start over but I think I have a little too much of my grandpa in me because I refuse to give up on stuff that is still "perfectly" good.
After some extensive scrubbing, preformed by Nate and I, and three rounds of re-seasoning in the grill (yes, I am always right, I knew it would fit in there)viola, the dutch oven looked like new. Better yet, it tasted like new. A load of cobbler later we were ready for summer. Anywho, I digress. On our radtastic camp out Nate made dutch oven pizza.
I guess I am new to camping because I had no idea you could make pizza in a dutch oven. Nate informs me you can make anything in a dutch oven that you can make in a regular oven so I have a feeling that our camping meals are really going to rule from now on. You guys should come camping with us, and now that I have told you that Nate is a gourmet chef I am sure you will. :)

2 comments:

  1. We will come camping with you...but not because Nate's a gourmet. No no. It's the packing that sold me. If Nate packs, I'm in! Ha ha. Love the dutch oven story. You crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously you crack me up. Name the date and we are in for camping. :)

    ReplyDelete