Play crack the sky…
We sent out the SOS call.
It was a quarter past six in the evening when the storm broke our second anchor line.
Twenty four hours at sea, twenty four months of calm seas to be pounded in the shallows off the tip of Eden Alcove…
I am about to swear off of Lake Powell on Memorial Day…Last year it rained and we froze to death after a month of telling my new boyfriend Nate how warm and fabulous it was…This year we spent the first day fishing at Moki Wall and hiking the surrounding area…we wake boarded and slalomed, but then…gasp… the wind came up and incidentally so did the twelve foot waves. We hid as long as we could up Eden but there were drunks up there that I did not relish the idea of spending the night with so we said a little prayer, put on our life vests, buttoned up the nose of the boat, and headed out into the swells with Madeline’s nose as high up into the air as God, and Dad’s trim tabs would get it. We survived and tucked up into Halls Crossing where the waves were mere five foot white caps, and headed for land. I confess I ruined the new prop when I beached her, but luckily I have the best parents in the entire world who said, “These things happen”. Luckily the storm blew itself out that night and we spent the next three days frolicking in the sun with my fabulous family. Yeah…next year I think we will be spending Memorial Day in the mountains where the only water is from a trickling spring where even a rubber ducky would be safe from the waves.
Ha ha ha! That trip to Lake Powell was quite the adventure! Thanks for taking me you guys!!!
ReplyDeleteLove ya!
Erica
P.S. I love seeing all of the awesome pictures! You sure got talent!
Nice picture Nathan!!
ReplyDelete