Saturday, September 20, 2014
Super Smelling Is Not A Desirable Super-power
So in the beginning of my first trimester I thought pregnancy was easy (yes, I acknowledge I'm a moron). I mean I didn't feel tired or sick or anything. Well guess what- that part comes later. Yep. And the first indication of trouble is the subtle realization that you can smell your husband's deodorant on the other floor of the house. And you think- huh. Cool. No worries. Well my friends, that is before the nausea sets in. This year Thanksgiving was in Colorado. I was so excited to go. But I had started to feel slightly queezy so Nate and I decided to tell my family about the baby since it would be too hard to hide. When we got to the ranch and walked in the door I immediately knew there was a dead mouse somewhere in the house (damn super smelling nose). I almost barfed. Seriously. I had to run upstairs where food was cooking to escape the smell. Nate being the brilliant man he is brought a hotdog bun and shoved it in the oven. He called my parents into the kitchen and asked them what was in the oven. My dad peered in and said, "it's a bun...a bun?" "Yes dad where is it?" "It's in the oven. A him in the oven!?!? Ahhhhhh!" It was glorious. So after the cat was out of the bag I told them about the mouse (which they located and removed so I didn't barf. Then we had to hide the secret from all of our company (Ferd and Valentina, Balloga's who came and dominated the skeet shoot, Aunt Susan and Uncle Larry) and I had to not barf during Thanksgiving dinner lol oh man...too many smells. Being pregnant was starting to stink. Literally. And don't even get me started on the car ride home in which Nate had to drive the whole way while my stomach backflips. Ugh. Super smelling isn't a desirable super power.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You crack me up!
ReplyDelete