<Hope your food storage is in order because this post may end the world. Honestly, it pains me to say this, and still a small part of me screams out NO NO NO, but what I am about to say is true…Subaru’s are not that bad. In fact, they may be…good. Pray tell, let me explain.

This last week Nate and I had the travel bug. We loaded up the Subie and Sage and, headed for SLC to hit Raging Waters (awesome) the Bee’s Game (very awesome minus the nachos which made us sick, oh and did I mention that we bought our tickets from scalpers on buy one get one free night so we actually spent more than we would have at the box office…woops). We left Sage with Aunt Sam and Uncle Kris, came back to get her, slept three hours and then headed for Colorado to the Mountain to move sheep- where we once again slept three hours due to some Craptastic Climax employees (story to come in a later post).
We hunted mushrooms, rode horses- I never knew I married a cowboy (by the way Clint Eastwood kicks John Wayne’s bum!)
did a little sightseeing via off roading, and throughout all of this…we slept in the Subie-which is actually quite comfortable. We put most of our gear up in the roof rack, throw the cooler and Sage’s kennel out on the ground, fold the seats down, throw out our thermarests , sleeping bags, and in Nate’s case the Armadillo pillow (the jealousy is deep within me) and snuggle up. It got down to freezing during the nights so I begged Nate to let Sage sleep in the Subie on the floor of the front passenger seat…mistake. As it turns out she snores like a logger.

The last night at Ptarmigan we heard some Coyotes howling and Sage was scared…good thing too because in the morning Nate was taking her for a walk they ran into five HUGE Coyotes not twenty yards from the Subie coming to have Sage for breakfast- and I don’t mean invite her to share theirs if you get my drift. Sage and Nate ran for the car and Nate got the gun out to shoot the Coyotes but they had already made a run for it and we missed them.
We next hit up the ranch where we did a little skeet shooting and BBQing. In the morning we headed for home, via Kenny Reservoir where we played in the water a tad. I got to see my wonderful family, visit my beautiful home, and best of all share it with my amazing hubby. If a growing appreciation for Subies (and through that the eminent apocalypse) is the price, I am gladly willing to pay it. I love traveling but man it is nice to be home. I love my husband, I love my dog, and oh man...I love my bed. :)
I love this post! I wish we got to go too. Fun pics of a rad time. Oh, and I can't believe that you spoke ill of The Duke. I got a knuckle sandwhich for your face, Pilgrim...
ReplyDelete